- Ph.D., Political Science, The City University of New York Graduate Center
- M.A., Africana Studies, New York University
2017 APCG-Lynne Rienner Best Dissertation Award
African Politics Conference Group, American Political Science Association
2015 The Ralph Bunche Dissertation Fellowship
The Ralph Bunche Institute for International Studies
2015 Award for Archival Research in African Diaspora Studies
The Advanced Research Collaborative, The CUNY Graduate Center
- Odinga, Sobukwe (2018) “The Privileged Friendship: Reassessing the US Central Intelligence Agency Operation at Zaire’s Kamina Airbase.” Diplomacy and Statecraft 29 (4) 692-715.
- Odinga, Sobukwe (2017) “We Recommend Compliance: Bargaining and Leverage in Ethiopian-US Intelligence Cooperation.” Review of African Political Economy 44 (153) 432-448.
- Odinga, Sobukwe (2005) “An Interview with Chinua Achebe.” Black Renaissance 6 (2) 32-46.