Congratulations! The faculty and staff of the Department of African American Studies are looking forward to sharing this wonderful occasion with you.
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2020
Time: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Fowler Museum, Lenart Auditorium
- Students may request up to 4 complimentary tickets for the Department of African American Studies Ceremony.
- An additional four tickets per student are available at $20.00/each.
- You should ONLY order tickets for your guests – you do not need a ticket for yourself.
- Depending on how many tickets are ordered by all students, there may be extras available. If you would like additional tickets to the ceremony, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, I.D.# and the number of EXTRA tickets you need (outside of what is ordered online).
- Tickets are ordered through MyUCLA for college and departmental graduation ceremonies.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be issued for unused tickets.
- We strongly encourage our guests to take LYFT/UBER to avoid crowded parking areas on campus. For LYFT and UBER please use the following address to be dropped off close to Fowler Museum, 110 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095.
- You can pre-purchase parking passes for your guests. The UCLA Central Ticket Office will sell pre-paid Commencement parking permits beginning in May ($13 per permit). The UCLA Central Ticket Office is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- The closest parking structure to our venue is Parking Structure 4.
- Students or guests with disabilities should contact the Center for Accessible Education (310) 825-1501 voice; (310) 206-6083 TDD, to receive information about parking and other assistance.
On Commencement Day:
- Graduates are requested to arrive in front of the Fowler Museum, Lenart Auditorium in African regalia for check-in at 10:30 am. Please be on time.
- Seating is unreserved. Doors will open at 11:00 am.
- The ceremony will start promptly at 11:30 am and is expected to last about an hour and a half.
- Graduates will be asked to sit together in a separate section.
- Graduates, their friends, and family are requested to dress in all black.
- A reception will immediately follow the ceremony.
Please contact the Department of African American Studies staff for any questions: email@example.com